How to use hydraSense® Eye Drops
Before starting, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Dry your hands with a clean towel.
To open the hydraSense® Eye Drops bottle, remove the safety ring by pulling on the flap until it is completely removed (image 1 & 2).
Then, remove the cap by pulling upwards (image 3). Place the cap on a clean surface, such as a clean tissue.
Do not touch the tip of the bottle to your eyes or with your hands.
Tilt your head back and gently pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to create a “pocket”.
Holding the bottle upside down, squeeze gently and instill the drop into the “pocket” that was created by gently pulling the lower eyelid away from the eye.
Close the eyes slowly to allow an even distribution of the liquid on the eye surface.
- You might find it easier to instill eye drops in front of a mirror or lying flat on your back.
- Be sure to keep both eyes open and focus on the ceiling to avoid blinking.
- Although it’s tempting, try to avoid squeezing or blinking your eyes right away. This will ensure that more of the important ingredients stay in your eyes.
- Use a tissue to blot away any excess drops. Use a clean tissue for each eye.
- Before using, check the bottle’s expiration date and throw it away if it is expired.
What is dry eye?
Dry eye is a condition caused by reduced production or increased evaporation of tears, which leads to eye irritation. For more information on dry eyes, its causes and symptoms, please visit our Causes, Symptoms & Risks section.
Do hydraSense® Eye Drops expire?
hydraSense® Eye Drops have an expiration date on the label and should be discarded after that date. Once the product is opened, it should be discarded within 90 days.
Why is a preservative-free eye care product important?
Products without preservatives are generally well tolerated by the eyes and after repeated use. hydraSense® products come in an innovative sterile bottle with a filter system that allows us to offer preservative-free formulations. The innovative bottle releases one drop at a time while the built-in filter keeps germs and bacteria out, thus preventing the solution in the bottle from getting contaminated.
Are hydraSense® Eye Drops phosphate-free?
We offer phosphate-free products, as eye care professionals may recommend a phosphate-free solution.
Can I use hydraSense® Eye Drops while wearing contact lenses?
All hydraSense® products can be used while wearing contact lenses.