hydraSense® helps cleanse excessive mucus accumulation caused by colds, allergies and upper respiratory tract infections.
hydraSense® isotonic solutions are clinically proven to help relieve and reduce nasal cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, nasal secretion and related sinus pressure. In addition, it reduces the use of medication (fever reducers, nasal decongestants, expectorants and antibiotics).
hydraSense® Full Stream was proven effective in reducing the duration of medical follow-up after endonasal surgery and should be used after consulting a healthcare professional.
hydraSense® is composed of 100% natural-source,* undiluted seawater from the Bay of Saint-Malo, France. hydraSense® saline nasal sprays also contain many trace elements that are naturally occurring in seawater.
By diluting their seawater salt concentration, other saline nasal washes on the market also dilute their minerals and trace elements in the same proportions.
hydraSense® Daily Care is clinically proven to reduce and relieve nasal cold symptoms.
hydraSense® is the #1 nasal solution brand in Canada.‡
hydraSense® contains isotonic or hypertonic, undiluted, 100% natural-source* seawater from the Bay of Saint-Malo, with over 70 trace elements and minerals naturally found in seawater. It does not contain any preservatives. hydraSense® Eucalyptus contains natural-source seawater with fragrance, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, myristamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, and polylysine.
Newborns, toddlers, children and adults with nasal congestion due to colds, allergies or upper respiratory infections can use hydraSense® products. Use our product selector to help find the hydraSense® product that is suitable for you or your child. hydraSense® products offer a simple, ready-to-use way of cleansing excessive mucus accumulation in congested nasal passages. Additionally, they relieve and moisturize dry noses. Always read and follow the label to be sure any hydraSense product is suitable for you. hydraSense® Eucalyptus is not indicated for pregnant women.
Just had endonasal surgery? hydraSense® Full Stream may be suitable for your postoperative care. Consult your healthcare professional before using product for this purpose.
hydraSense® also comes in individual Easydose® vials. They can be used for babies and are also an easy-to-carry alternative to the isotonic hydraSense® nasal solution for family members who prefer nasal drops or are on the go.
Going on a trip or at work? hydraSense® Eucalyptus is also available in a convenient 20-mL size that fits right into your pocket or handbag.
2. Bend your head or your child’s head forward over a wash basin and tilt your head or his or her head to the right. Place the nozzle in the left nostril, parallel to the nose. Press down on the nozzle for one to two seconds. Now tilt your head or his or her head to the left. Place the nozzle in the right nostril and press down.
3. Blow your nose or get your child to blow his or her nose.
4. Rinse the nozzle with hot water before and after each use, and dry thoroughly.
For adults using hydraSense® Easydose®:
1. Break off one Easydose® from the strip and turn the tamper-proof tip to open.
2. Bend your head forward over a wash basin and tilt your head to the right. Place the tip in the left nostril, parallel to the nose. Press gently on the dose. Now tilt the head to the left. Place the tip in the right nostril and press gently on the dose.
It depends what comfort level you’re looking for. Gentle Mist is designated for sensitive noses and first-time users. Once you’re comfortable with the spray sensation, you can try Medium Stream with a higher water flow to relieve your stuffy nose. Alternatively, you can move on to Full Stream, which is also effective enough to help relieve cold and allergy nasal symptoms, and can also be used by those recovering from endonasal surgery. Consult your healthcare professional before using product for this purpose.
All hydraSense® products in the 100 mL and 210 mL formats expire only at the date indicated on the bottom of the box. Their SteriFlo® dispensing system prevents any mucus from making its way inside the bottles, preventing contamination.
hydraSense® Easydose®, however, is made for single usage only; open doses cannot be reused. hydraSense® Eucalyptus in the 20 mL format should be used within 28 days after the first spray.
hydraSense® isotonic solutions are composed of 100% natural-source seawater with a salinity that resembles that of the human body and contains no preservatives. hydraSense® is not a medicated decongestant and there are no rebound effects. Hypertonic solutions such as hydraSense® Congestion Relief, Allergy and Eucalyptus may in some cases cause you to experience a temporary tingling sensation if your mucous membranes are highly irritated.
The hydraSense® Nasal Aspirator and its filters were developed with pediatricians. It is a gentle and hygienic way to help relieve your baby’s stuffy nose.
1. Before the first use, rinse the aspirator with hot water and dry thoroughly.
2. Place a clean filter in the filter chamber and reconnect the aspirator.
Use of hydraSense® Easydose® to liquefy mucus prior to aspiration
3. Break off one Easydose® vial from the strip and twist the tamper-proof tip to open.
4. Lay the child on his or her back with his or her head tilted to the right. Carefully place the tip in the upper nostril, and apply one to two drops by pressing gently on the vial. Follow the same procedure in the opposite nostril after turning the child’s head to the left.
Use hydraSense® Nasal Aspirator to remove excess mucus.
5. Place the Nasal Aspirator soft tip at the entrance of the baby’s nostril and inhale through the mouthpiece to gently draw out the mucus. Mucus will be collected in the hygienic filter and cannot pass through the inhalation tube. Repeat in the other nostril. Gently lift the baby to allow any remaining mucus to drain out.
6. Soak a tissue or cotton ball in hydraSense® solution and use it to gently wipe the child’s nostrils.
7. After each use, unclip the aspirator at its base, remove and discard the used filter, rinse the Nasal Aspirator with hot water and dry. Do not sterilize or boil the Nasal Aspirator. Do not reuse vials after opening.
If your child still cannot breathe through his nose, it is recommended that you repeat the above steps as needed. Consult a doctor if cold or allergy symptoms last longer than five days or if your symptoms worsen.
For newborns, toddlers and children using hydraSense® Easydose®:
1. Break off one Easydose® from the strip and turn the tamper-proof tip to open.
2. Lay your child on his or her back with his or her head tilted toward the right. Carefully place the tip in the left nostril, and apply 1 or 2 drops by pressing gently on the dose. Follow the same procedure in the opposite nostril after turning your child’s head to the left.
3. Soak a tissue or cotton ball in hydraSense® Easydose® and use it to gently wipe your child’s nostrils.
Do not reuse vials after opening.
Follow with the hydraSense® Nasal Aspirator to remove excess mucus trapped in nasal cavities.
Infants and children under 6 years (Ultra Gentle) and children 2 to 6 years (Gentle Mist and Medium Stream)
1. Place the nasal applicator on top of the container.
2. Place the child in an upright position; do not tilt the head backward.
3. Carefully and gently insert the applicator in the left nostril, parallel to his/her nose (septum). Press down on the applicator and spray very briefly (no more than one second). Follow the same procedure in the right nostril.
4. Spray a tissue or cotton ball with hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Mist with Comfort Tip and use it to gently wipe the child's nostrils, or remove mucus using the hydraSense Nasal Aspirator.
5. Rinse the nasal applicator with hot water after each use and dry thoroughly.
hydraSense® Ultra-Gentle Mist is generally first used during your baby's first cold. Initially, your baby is likely to cry, especially when he or she isn't expecting the sensation of a liquid in his or her nose. Make sure the solution is at room temperature to increase comfort.
To avoid giving your baby an unpleasant surprise, you could spray a little hydraSense® into the air to amuse him or her. Eventually, he or she will get used to this new sensation and feel the positive results.
Dry eye is a condition caused by reduced production or increased evaporation of tears, which leads to eye irritation. For more information on dry eyes, its causes and symptoms, please visit our Causes, Symptoms and Risks section.
Products without preservatives are generally well tolerated by the eyes and after repeated use. hydraSense® products come in an innovative sterile bottle with a filter system that allows us to offer preservative-free formulations. The innovative bottle releases one drop at a time while the built-in filter keeps germs and bacteria out, thus preventing the solution in the bottle from getting contaminated.
Seawater all over the world is of different quality, depending on the power of the tides. In the Bay of Saint-Malo, the tides are very powerful, which means that the current constantly regenerates its mineral salt content.
When our laboratories use this mineral-rich seawater, we start with a high-quality product and maintain its quality throughout desalination.
Isotonic means the salt concentration in the solution is similar to that of the human body. This balance with the body makes isotonic hydraSense® an option to clear, clean and hydrate sensitive noses, like your baby’s (Easydose® or Ultra-Gentle Mist with Comfort Tip).
To create our range of isotonic solutions, we desalinate 100% natural-source seawater through electrodialysis until it reaches 0.9% sodium chloride, while preserving the other minerals and trace elements.
Our isotonic hydraSense® solutions include Easydose®, Ultra-Gentle Mist, Gentle Stream, Medium Stream and Full Stream.
Salt concentration is higher than the salt content in the cells of our bodies.
To create our range of hypertonic solutions, we desalinate 100% natural-source seawater at our laboratories until its total salt concentration has reached either 3.0% (Allergy) or 2.2% (Congestion Relief).